MPI strives to continually improve the effectiveness of its QHSE management system and the quality of its operations.
The Quality Policy is implemented at all levels of the organisation both on board the vessels and onshore. The company strives to provide service quality and achieve customer satisfaction whilst monitoring and ensuring that best practices are constantly being adhered to.
MPI is accredited to the following management systems standards: BS EN ISO 9001:2008, BS EN ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 by the Classification Society Det Norske Veritas (DNV). In addition to the aforementioned MPI Offshore Limited is certified to the International Safety Management Code (ISM) by Det Norske Veritas.
Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Policy
- The Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Policy is implemented at all levels of the organisation, both onboard Company vessels and ashore.
- MPI is committed to ensuring that the training needs, awareness and competence levels of its employees are met to enable them to carry out their job efficiently and to the best of their ability. Training is provided to mariners through a combination of video courses, computer based training, in-house and third party instruction.
Familiarisation training and induction are of vital importance for mariners new to the company or new to their assigned job role. Mariners and Special Purpose Personnel must complete their induction training prior to commencing work activities on board.
- MPI strives to eliminate work-related risks both onboard its vessels and ashore through a number of proactive measures which include the following:
– Hazard Observations
– Near Miss Reporting
– Incident Reporting
– Risk Assessments/Method Statements
– Safety Officer assigned to each vessel
– Tool box Talks prior to commencing work
To promote a health, fitness and mental well-being on board our vessels we have a gym on each of our vessels and in addition MPI Adventure and MPI Discovery have a sauna. In addition to promote healthy eating onboard our vessels we have the option of a salad bar or hot food buffet at designated meal times.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
The drug and alcohol policy forbids the use or possession of alcohol and/or illegal drugs on any of the company vessels, workplaces and installations. It also forbids the inappropriate use of substances that are legally held for other purposes.
MPI Adventure and MPI Discovery are certified to Environmental Class notation CLEAN with the objective of controlling and limiting the operational emissions to air, discharges to sea and waste deliveries to shore from its vessels.
- The vessels within MPI Offshore’s fleet operate only on low sulphur fuel in accordance to MARPOL Annex VI and the vessel’s Fuel Oil Management Plan.
- Disposal of garbage is in accordance to MARPOL Annex V and the vessel’s Garbage Management Plan.
- Ballast Operations are carried out in accordance to the vessel’s Ballast Water Management Plan and the International Convention for the Control and Management of Ship’s Ballast Water and Sediment with amendments and guidelines.
MPI is committed to a strong safety and environmental culture. MPI strives to ensure that its employees both seagoing and ashore are frequently trained and prepared in environmental incident reporting procedures and emergency response through various emergency response drills and exercises.
Health and Safety
MPI has implemented a behavioural-based “Leaders in Safety” (LiS) programme to all its employees. By raising awareness for our Safety Culture, we reinforce our “number–one” priority that all employees must return home safely.
For more information about our Leaders in Safety programme, please download our brochure here.
On 20th March 2018 Vroon Group B.V.. published its Modern Slavery Statement as a response to the UK Modern Slavery Act. It sets out the steps Vroon Group B.V. and MPI Offshore have taken to prevent acts of modern slavery and human trafficking from occurring in its business and supply chain.