Organisation & Contacts
Learn more about our organisation
MPI is part of the Vroon Group, a diversified international shipping company. Vroon’s headquarters are located in Breda, the Netherlands. Today the company operates worldwide and has a fleet of around 165 vessels transporting livestock, dry cargo, containers, automobiles, and clean and dirty oil products, as well as a large fleet of offshore-support vessels.
The company is privately held by the Vroon family and currently managed by its fourth generation. Founded in 1890, the company originally exported agricultural products to England, France and Belgium while importing coal into the Netherlands. However, after World War II the company saw bigger opportunities in transportation and changed its focus from trading commodities to owning and managing vessels. Vroon attaches great importance to its Vision and Mission, Core Values and Culture which provide guidance to all staff at sea and ashore.
The wind offshore-support sector of the Vroon Group operates under the MPI banner.
MPI is active in the offshore wind-turbine-installation and -maintenance markets with a range of vessels, equipment and service offerings.
- MPI Offshore Ltd: based in Stokesley, United Kingdom, has pioneered the offshore wind-turbine-installation business since 2003, when the first-ever dedicated wind-turbine-installation vessel, MPI Resolution, was delivered. Since then, MPI has partnered leading developers and utility companies in numerous wind-farm-construction projects. Today, MPI Offshore – with four purpose-built vessels for installing wind turbines, foundation and transition pieces (MPI Resolution, MPI Adventure, MPI Discovery and MPI Enterprise) in operation – is the European market leader. The company employs approximately 30 shore-based and 180 seagoing staff.
- MPI Workboats Ltd: operates fourteen specialised workboats in various sizes, configured for crew transfers and survey duties, including subsea-support duties. The company employs about 40 seagoing staff.
- MPI Consultants Ltd: is a leading provider of turnkey technical engineering solutions and project management services across the lifecycle of offshore renewables developments, from the planning and development stages through to execution and delivery. The range of services offered includes project management and planning, feasibility studies, cost estimates, engineering design and method statements, procurement, risk assessment, health and safety management, quality management, environmental management and commercial controls. The company employs approximately 40 shore-based personnel.
- MPI Offshore B.V.: is based in Breda, the Netherlands and undertakes commercial and marketing management for the MPI fleet.
- MPI Contractors B.V.: MPI has recognised the demand for installation services to be performed using a contracting, e.g. EPC or EPIC model. In order to satisfy this demand MPI Contractors B.V. was founded in 2012. MPI Contractors B.V. is the authorised contracting company within the MPI group to qualify, tender and execute all-comprehensive project packages.
For contact details of all Vroon Group companies see: http://www.vroon.nl/Contact