Due to the expansion of our business, we require a CAD Engineer. This position is suited for an individual who attained at least a level 4 engineering certificate or above, with relevant engineering experience.
The projects are pipeline, cable and wind turbine, for which we design excavations and subsea rock installations. These designs are made in our in-house 3D design application (VOSS.net) into which actual soil data can be imported. This allows the quantities to be calculated and optimized. For the execution of these works, we make the 2D method drawings in AutoCAD in which our equipment is included.
- In this position you are responsible for making:
- 3D Subsea models (digital terrain modelling) in our in-house Voss.net software;
- 2D design drawings (based on a sketch or a 3D design);
- Volume calculations;
- 2D layout drawings;
- 2D method drawings for the installation.
- At least completed level 4 in Civil / Mechanical / or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD or comparable software;
- Experience with producing 2D and 3D drawings;
- Experience with 3D modelling (Digital Terrain Modelling) and automotion;
- Experience with GIS is desirable;
- Experience with DTP (Photoshop / Illustrator) is a desirable;
- Good communication and social skills.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business,
people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org