Due to the expansion of our business, we require a CAD Engineer. In this role you will provide detailed 2D and 3D drawings for all phases of our offshore wind installation projects.
You will create drawings of deck layouts, sea fastening, lifting plans, rigging plans and vessel positioning. Put together you easily create storyboards which you use to guide your colleagues from engineering, project management and operations through all of the detailed steps.
Projects vary in size, but you typically will be working on a project for a year before installation works commence. You are an extension of engineering and will use your drawing skills to come up with production methods (f.e. manufacturability, logistical feasibility, etc.). We expect you to actively ask for feedback from your colleagues in the field to keep on learning about what works best.
You will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D drawings for our offshore wind projects within our Offshore Wind Department. Next to that you will be responsible for:
- Identifying clashes and clarifying operational issues by making 3D visualisations;
- Contribute to finding efficient methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components;
- Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes within the drafting office;
- Contributing to the process of design and engineering of project specific installation tools and equipment
You are a driven and meticulous colleague with good communication and social skills. You are proud of what you do and really emerging yourself into a project gives you lots of energy. In addition, you bring the following to the table:
- a completed technical education at secondary vocational level;
- Extensive experience as a technical draftsman with focus on offshore operations;
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor 3D.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org