As Category Manager Cables you are the first point of contact for the purchase of subsea cables. You will determine the requirements and develop new strategies for the entire cable supply chain. You make sure that these strategies are implemented and evaluated, alongside:
· Research existing procurement methods and point out where synergy and improvements are possible: defining work packages suitable for framework agreements;
· Identifying and pre-qualifying suppliers;
· Keep stakeholders informed pro-actively with clear overviews which you translate to potential value propositions
The Category Manager Cables will combine technical knowledge of cables with commerce understanding within the maritime industry. An entrepreneur, who effectively communicates both verbally and in writing. A curious, pragmatic and flexible approach in order to develop the supply chain, together with:
· A degree in a technical field (Civil or Electrical Engineering)
· Extensive knowledge on high voltage cables preferably offshore wind related
· Extensive experience in the procurement field
· Experience with change management and implementation of strategical initiatives
· Ability to work occasionally on the vessels
· Ability to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and to the Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will be engaged in construction (EPCI) in UK and Republic of Ireland and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in Europe. Regular international travel is an integrated element of working for us.
Van Oord aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply, download and complete the application form on the MPI Offshore Careers page. Once completed, upload the application form together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org