As part of your scope, you will provide contract management and administration services to project teams for the on-going offshore wind projects. You will advise on legal and contractual risks, contract execution and maintenance/warranty periods, relative to main, sub, supply and services agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, variations and claims
- Timely interaction with in-house legal specialists, insurance, finance, compliance and other relevant departments for proper contracting and negotiation
- Assisting with general strategy for contract management
- Assisting the procurement department in the drafting, negotiating and managing of project specific supply, charter and service contracts
- Your advice and recommendations are convincing and flexible
You will be pro-active, self-confident and a creative approach. You are a contractually minded advisor of the team leaders and management. You can focus on detailed aspects whilst understanding the full picture, looking for solutions along Van Oord’s contracting principles. You value teamwork and have a dynamic approach to enable a project driven organisation.
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience as a contract manager, preferably in offshore (wind) construction and/or maritime industry
- Proven experience in common law and civil law governed contracts is preferable
- An Associate of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent
- Familiar with FIDIC and LOGIC and BIMCO Chartering experience is of significant added value
- A person who brings people together with outstanding communication and social skills
- Ability to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project and Client's locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to email@example.com