As part of your scope, you will provide contract management and administration services to project teams for the on-going offshore wind projects. You will advise on legal and contractual risks, contract execution and maintenance/warranty periods, relative to main, sub, supply and services agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, variations and claims
- Timely interaction with in-house legal specialists, insurance, finance, compliance and other relevant departments for proper contracting and negotiation
- Assisting with general strategy for contract management
- Assisting the procurement department in the drafting, negotiating and managing of project specific supply, charter and service contracts
- Your advice and recommendations are convincing and flexible
You will be pro-active, self-confident and a creative approach. You are a contractually minded advisor of the team leaders and management. You can focus on detailed aspects whilst understanding the full picture, looking for solutions along Van Oord’s contracting principles. You value teamwork and have a dynamic approach to enable a project driven organisation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience as a contract manager, preferably in offshore (wind) construction and/or maritime industry
- Proven experience in common law and civil law governed contracts is preferable
- An Associate of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent
- Familiar with FIDIC and LOGIC and BIMCO Chartering experience is of significant added value
- A person who brings people together with outstanding communication and social skills
- Ability to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project and Client's locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?