As the Cost Engineer, you are responsible for the preparation of economic and technical cost and time estimates for tenders. You will play an integral role in the tendering process for offshore wind projects. You will have a good understanding of logistic concepts and the capabilities and limits of offshore technology as you will set up the calculations, as well as understanding what happens in the field. In this way, you can advise the tender team of the most cost and time efficient designs.
Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Coordinate with relevant departments with the aim of drawing up an accurate and valid cost and time estimates
- Coordinate with risk and planning specialist(s) to strive for fully integrated project management
- Draw up work calculations and offer support during the implementation phase of a project
- Actively develop your expertise by keeping informed on the latest developments in the market and identifying possible opportunities for Van Oord.
You will often deal with tight deadlines, so goal-oriented work and excellent communication skills with a methodical approach are essential in this role. A real team player, effective communication skills with a customer-focused attitude. Together with:
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in a technical field
- Experience in making cost estimates
- Experience with cost estimating software (use of Cleopatra software is an advantage)
- Experience in the offshore (wind) industry
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org