As a Cost Estimator, you will prepare economically and technically feasible cost and time estimates for tenders. You have a good understanding of logistic concepts and the capabilities and limits of offshore technology. That is why you will not only set up the cost estimate, but you will also understand what is really going on in the field. In this way, you can advise the tender team of the most cost and time efficient design. You are curious and innovative, can think out-of-the-box and you have an entrepreneurial mindset.
Other tasks and responsibilities are:
· Coordination with the relevant departments such as Engineering, Operations and Ship Management with the aim of drawing up an accurate and valid cost and time estimate.
· Coordination with our risk and planning specialist(s) to strive for fully integrated project management.
· Drawing up work calculations and offering support during the implementation phase of a project.
· Actively developing your expertise by keeping informed on the latest developments in the market and identifying possible opportunities for Van Oord.
With an entrepreneurial approach, you will often deal with tight deadlines, so goal-oriented work and excellent communication skills are essential in this role. A real team player, with a customer-focused attitude.
The ideal candidate will have
· Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in a technical field
· Experience in making cost estimates
· Experience with cost estimating software (use of Cleopatra software is an advantage)
· Experience in the offshore (wind) industry
· Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office.
Working in an international, high and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to email@example.com