Being part of the transport and installation knowledge centre of Van Oord’s Offshore Energy division;
· Assist with installation procedures for offshore wind projects including selection of the suitable vessels, developing positioning plans for these vessels and selecting the required equipment and tools;
· Assist with concept and detailed lifting arrangements, deck layouts and sea-fastenings;
· Reviewing and organize review of internal and external deliverables (structural designs / drawings, reports, etc.);
· Assist with for the timely delivery of assigned deliverables against the tender/project schedule, within budget and to the required quality level;
· Preparing for, managing and coordinating engineering subcontractor scope of works;
· Performing engineering, technical preparation and execution support of offshore wind projects;
· Assist projects in dealing with unexpected circumstances during execution (trouble shooting);
· Feeding lessons learned back into the Foundation Unit knowledge centre and contribute to continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have
· A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore Engineering degree, or equivalent;
· Strong analytical, practical and pragmatic skills to solve complex problems;
· Knowledge of Installation engineering e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures;
· Knowledge of rigging design and crane lifting studies;
· Knowledge of seafastening / grillage designs during the transportation phase;
· Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys;
· Flexible and able to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment;
· Being a team player and good in forming connections within the company as well as external;
· Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
A competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord who are a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore energy projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org