You will be an integral part of an foundation team responsible for providing technical and operational support to tenders and projects for the transportation and installation of wind turbine components for the offshore wind industry. This could be projects driven by the UK or Netherlands office. The work will be predominantly using the Van Oord offshore wind fleet of purpose-built jack up vessels.
Projects vary in size, but typically you will be working on projects for a year before installation works commence. You will also be involved in Operation and Maintenance campaigns for existing wind farms. Liaising with colleagues on the vessel is essential to ensure feedback, lessons learnt and understanding what works best.
You will be responsible for developing project methodology, working closely with the project team conducting studies and making technical evaluation all subject to client approval.
Duties to include:
- Develop and review the concept designs of tools used in the installation of the components
- Develop operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc.
- Standardise and optimise work processes
- Find efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
This position requires a pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage and support challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects together with:
- A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Extensive experience within a structural design environment providing detailed design and engineering of heavy structures
- Proven ability to provide solutions to project deliverables
- Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes
- Extensive experience of Installation engineering e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures
- Proven ablilty to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase
- Extensive knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys
- Proven ability to perform and review rigging design and crane lifting studies
- Proven ability to perform and review seafastening / grillage designs of all components during the transportation phase onboard the vessel to current design codes
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply, download and complete the application form. Once completed, upload the application form together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org