You will be an integral part of an engineering team responsible in providing technical and operational support to tenders and projects for the Transportation and Installation of wind turbine components for the offshore wind industry. This could be projects driven by the UK or the Netherlands office. The work will be based predominantly using the Van Oord offshore wind fleet of purpose built jack up vessels.
Projects vary in size, but typically you will be working on a project for a year before installation works commence. You will also be involved in Operation and Maintenance campaigns for existing wind farms. Liaising with colleagues on the vessel is essential to feedback lessons learnt and understanding what works best.
You will be responsible in developing project methodology working closely with the project team conducting studies and making technical evaluation all subject to client approval.
Duties to include (with adequate training and support):
· Contribute to finding efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
· The ability to perform and review Rigging design and crane lifting studies
· The ability to perform and review seafastening / grillage designs of all components during the transportation phase on board the vessel to current design codes
· Development and review of the concept designs of tools used in the installation of the components
· Developing operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc
· Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes
This position requires a pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage and support challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects, together with:
· A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore engineering degree, or equivalent
· Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and the Netherlands offices
· Experience within a structural design environment providing:
· Detailed design and engineering of heavy structures.
· Solutions to project deliverables.
· Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes.
· Installation engineering of e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures.
· Able to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
· Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will be engaged in construction (EPCI) in UK and Republic of Ireland and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in Europe. Regular international travel is an integrated element of working for us.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply, download and complete the application form on the MPI Offshore Careers page. Once completed, upload the application form together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org