Responsibilities will vary due to your position ranging from Engineer to Lead Senior Engineer level. Primary responsibilities are to work within a project team conducting studies and making technical evaluations all subject to approval, considering the client's wishes and in line with statutory norms and standards. Duties to include:
· Contribute to finding efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
· Being able to come up with concept designs of tools and equipment for transport and installation of the components
· Being able to review detailed designs of tools and equipment for the transportation and installation of the components to current design codes
· Developing operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc
· Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes
All Engineering positions require a pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects, together with:
· A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore engineering degree, or equivalent
· Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations
· Proven experience within a structural design environment providing:
· Detailed design and engineering of structures.
· Solutions to project deliverables.
· Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes.
· Installation engineering of e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures.
· Able to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
· Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will be engaged in construction (EPCI) in UK and Republic of Ireland and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in Europe. Regular international travel is an integrated element of working for us.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply, download and complete the application form. Once completed, upload the application form together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org