- Ensure the team are aware of consent requirements in relation to their roles and responsibilities
- Ensure subcontractors are given relevant information regarding their responsibilities
- Deliver consents induction and familiarisation for new staff and sub contractors
- Ensure any issues concerning consents are notified to the employer’s designated offshore consents managers and environmental manager at the earliest opportunity
- Environmental incidents and investigations are completed in accordance with relevant regulations and the employers’ requirements
- Working with the employers designated offshore consents managers and environmental managers to ensure that audit findings are closed out in a timely manner
As Environment and Consents Manager you are;
- Expert and ultimately responsible for consents with, where applicable, support from specialists (archaeology, ecology, UXO, etc.)
- Implement the consents requirements, associated plans, reports and notifications
- Clearly address risks if and when consents are not complied with
- Implement, adhere to and manage the Environmental Management Plan for the carrying out and completion of the works
The ideal candidate will have
- Degree in environmental/sustainability discipline or equivalent work experience
- Membership or chartered status of a relevant professional institute is desirable
- Experience of working in Offshore Wind or other offshore industries (e.g., Oil & Gas) or onshore energy infrastructure projects would be an advantage
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and issues
- Understanding of ISO Management Systems ie, ISO 14001, 14004 and 14004 legal requirements and best practice
- NEBOSH Certified Environmental Officer is desirable to champion environmental and sustainability improvements
- Willingness to travel (inter)nationally to project locations, offshore vessels and Netherland’s office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.