In the position of Lifting Competent Person, you are responsible for transportation and lifting operations for components used in the Offshore Renewable Energy sector. You are involved in the creation of lifting and rigging plans including the accompanying calculations and methods. The role also includes involvement in the development of new and innovative custom lifting tools. You support various projects during their execution and oversee the management of owned and new rigging and lifting equipment for use on future projects.
· Creation and approval of lifting and rigging plans.
· Construct safe systems of work such as method statements and risk assessments.
· Selection of suitable rigging equipment.
· Involvement in the development of lifting tools.
· Interfacing with clients & MWS with regards to lifting and rigging.
· Review and/or witness Factory Acceptance Tests / load tests of lifting and rigging equipment.
· On site presence for witnessing lifts and for immediate support.
· Continuous support to the project during execution phase.
· Share knowledge throughout the organisation via various ways.
· Participate in lessons learned sessions with operational teams.
· Manage Van Oord rigging equipment stock.
· Extensive lifting experience (preferably engineered lifts).
· A completed technical education (preferably Bachelor degree), ideally in Mechanical, Civil or Offshore Engineering.
· An understanding of offshore lifting.
· Proven experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Package (Outlook, Word, Excel).
· Preferably hold one of the following certifications:
Appointed Person for Lifting Operations (CPCS Blue Card) or LOLER Competent Person certificate
· Driven personality with a flexible mind set and an eye for details.
· Effectively communicates with a variety of stakeholders on an international level.
· Available to travel (inter)nationally to project locations.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply, download and complete the application form on the MPI Offshore Careers page. Once completed, upload the application form together with your CV to email@example.com