As Logistics Engineer, you will be responsible for providing detailed tender input regarding the cost of mobilisation and demobilisation, the logistics infrastructure, customs regime for import and export of project equipment, vessels and marshalling yards. This information is required to be captured into a customs and logistics plan. During the Project Preparation Phase you will work with marine hire specialists to secure transport for the key packages and appoint all associated agents.
The Logistics Engineer will take ownership of the logistics scope. You have a confident approach and the ability to think outside the box. You have strong problem solving abilities and suggest creative and innovative solutions. In addition;
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in logistics or supply chain) or relevant experience
- Experience in a similar international logistic role, within an offshore wind project organisation
- Experience with heavy cargo and breakbulk transport
- Knowledge of shipping terms, transport documents and contracts
- Familiarity with logistics-related matters such as trade and customs compliance, hazardous goods and Incoterms
- Analytical, able to translate concept to practice and present this in a structured commercial manner
- A team player with a customer-focused attitude and organisational sensitivity
- A person who is meticulous and is able to perform well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org