Due to the expansion of our business, we require an Offshore Construction Managers. In the role of Offshore Construction Manager, you will have joint operational responsibility for the preparation and execution of installation on projects. You will be working at our offshore wind offices in the preparatory phase and on board one of our installation vessels during execution.
- Responsible for the safety of the offshore installation activities on board the vessel;
- Involved in improving the working methods and the associated project-specific equipment;
- In charge of the installation team on board the installation vessel;
- Handles daily communication with the Marine Warranty Surveyor and the client on board;
- Helps optimise the installation process;
- Plays a coordinating role during execution, together with the Construction Manager;
- Provides operational management for the subcontractors on board;
- Reports to the Construction Manager on progress, contractual and other deviations and lessons learned;
- Has joint budgetary responsibility.
- Higher professional education, at an intellectual and professional level;
- Extensive experience of operational experience, mainly on complex projects, including several years installing offshore wind farms;
- An independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to make decisions and is able to work well in a team environment;
- The ability to motivate and lead the cable installation team and play a coordinating role towards the maritime crew, project team, subcontractors and other stakeholders on board the installation ship;
- Strong communication and social skills, with good command of the English language;
- Working as part of a 24/7 operation.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org