Due to the expansion of our business, we require an Offshore Wind Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for devising and developing technologically complex cable burial projects. You will specialize in a high variety of burial projects that will challenge your analytical skills and creativity, in close cooperation with several other disciplines within the company. This variety extends from cable burial in relatively easy geotechnical circumstances up to highly geological complex locations, requiring tailor-made burial solutions. These cable burial projects are mostly based on in-house trenching equipment, but also include other (large-size) variety of equipment available within the fleet. The Offshore Wind division is inherent to innovative solutions, which leads to the ability of Van Oord’s competitive edge.
Your aim is to support our commercial department and project teams both in tender and execution phase. When a new tender is assigned to you, you will start by interpreting and analysing the available documents. With your developing expertise on complex work methods, ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, capability to analyse big data, production details and deployment of different types of competitive equipment, you figure out a cost-efficient production process. Produced documents will be part of proposals towards potential Clients.
As an Engineer within Offshore Wind your main responsibility is to set up production calculations and work methods for new projects with focus on cost efficiency and robust and competitive solutions. Next to that you will be responsible for:
- interpreting large quantities of data;
- determining the most cost efficient combination of equipment and logistical paths;
- occasionally visiting projects in execution and advising the Project team and vessel crew how to maintain or increase progress;
- continuously searching for ways to optimize the working process and innovations.
You have strong analytical skills, a creative and solution driven approach and the ability to keep ‘the big picture’ in mind and think ahead. In addition:
- a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent preferably in combination with several dredging courses;
- strong interest in mechanical systems and prepared to visit projects around the globe;
- experience with estimation and preparation of dredging works is desirable;
- good functionality within a (tender) team, also able to work independently. Investigative, creative and flexible work approach.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. At Van Oord Offshore Wind UK, we offer a competitive employment benefits package.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Working at Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) means you will predominantly be engaging with the supply chain related to the construction (EPCI) and maintenance (O&M) of offshore windfarms in the UK.
MPI Offshore aim to work closely with our clients, working safely and with respect for one another and the environment. Working together proactively on safety is a natural part of that.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org