As an Engineer within Offshore Wind your main responsibility is to set up production calculations and work methods for new projects with focus on cost efficiency and robust and competitive solutions. In addition:
- interpreting large quantities of data
- determining the most cost efficient combination of equipment and logistical paths
- continuously searching for ways to optimize the working process and searching for innovations
- developing expertise on complex work methods
- ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- capability to analyse big data, production details and deployment of different types of competitive equipment
- occasionally visiting projects and advising the Project team and vessel crew how to maintain or increase progress
You have strong analytical skills and interest in mechanical systems. An investigative, creative and flexible work approach
A real team player with a customer-oriented attitude and a strong organisational skillset. Together with:
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in civil engineering or mechanical engineering (in combination with marine courses is an advantage)
- Experience with working within a (tender) team, but also able to work independent.
- Experience with estimation and preparation in renewable industry is an advantage.
- Willingness and the ability to travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org