As Project Procurement Officer Offshore Wind you are the point of contact for the procurement and supply chain process for tender and project management, suppliers and other relevant internal departments. You take responsibility for the entire procurement process in order to achieve competitive delivery of high-quality services and products. You create and implement the procurement strategy for each package. In addition:
- coordinate the scopes, safeguarding the project specifics
- adhere to using the available tools to maintain and improve one way of working
- keep the PSC status up-to-date by proactively informing the Project Team
- initiate and host procurement gates to pro-actively manage the stakeholders
- create synergies with other tenders and projects
- balance functional and hierarchical management that comes with a matrix organization
This is a commercial, technical and multidisciplinary role with many internal and external stakeholders. The Project Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement of critical subcontracting packages for our offshore wind projects.
You are a senior professional who is able to apply different styles to reach your goals. A team player that is able to coordinate colleagues. Together with a hands-on approach, ability to develop solutions and an aptitude for continuous improvement. Communicate at all levels both nationally as well as internationally. You will also bring:
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably Business Administration / Engineering) or working equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) professional is preferable
- Experience in tactical / strategic project procurement, preferably within large international offshore projects (eg: ECPI)
- Knowledge of FIDIC contract forms is an advantage
- Willingness to travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to us.