In this role you will be involved in offshore wind projects focussing on the transport, lifting and installation of wind turbines and their foundations. You will be based at our Offshore Wind Foundation Unit in Stokesley, Middlesbrough where you will give operational support to tenders and projects throughout the wider company in preparation and execution phase.
- Being part of the transport and installation knowledge centre of Van Oord’s Offshore Energy division
- Assisting in the development of installation procedures for offshore wind projects including selection of the suitable vessels, developing positioning plans for these vessels and the required equipment and tools
- Developing concept and detailed lifting arrangements, deck layouts and sea-fastenings, rigging plans, storyboards
- Identifying clashes and clarifying operational issues by making 3D visualisations
- Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes within the drafting office
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of HNC or equivalent level of education, preferably in mechanical engineering
- Experience as a technical draftsman with focus on offshore operations
- Experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor 3D
- Flexible and able to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment
- Problem solving mindset
- Team player and good in forming connections within the company as well as external
- Supervisory and coaching skills for the (junior) engineers in our department
- Driven and meticulous with good communication and social skills
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you: A competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments, and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord who are a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore energy projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over 150 years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to email@example.com.