You will be an integral part of an foundation team responsible for providing technical and operational support to tenders and projects for the transportation and installation of wind turbine components for the offshore wind industry. This could be projects driven by the UK or Netherlands office. The work will be predominantly using the Van Oord offshore wind fleet of purpose-built jack up vessels.
Projects vary in size, but typically you will be working on projects for a year before installation works commence. You will also be involved in Operation and Maintenance campaigns for existing wind farms. Liaising with colleagues on the vessel is essential to ensure feedback, lessons learnt and understanding what works best.
You will be responsible for developing project methodology, working closely with the project team conducting studies and making technical evaluation all subject to client approval.
Duties to include:
- Develop and review the concept designs of tools used in the installation of the components
- Develop operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc.
- Standardise and optimise work processes
- Find efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
This position requires a pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage and support challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects together with:
The ideal candidate will have
- A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Extensive experience within a structural design environment providing detailed design and engineering of heavy structures
- Proven ability to provide solutions to project deliverables
- Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes
- Extensive experience of Installation engineering e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, operational procedures
- Proven ablilty to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase
- Extensive knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys
- Proven ability to perform and review rigging design and crane lifting studies
- Proven ability to perform and review seafastening / grillage designs of all components during the transportation phase onboard the vessel to current design codes
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and Netherlands office
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a competitive employment benefits package: hybrid working, annual salary review, company bonus, enhanced holidays, purchasing and selling holiday scheme, pension, assurance and insurance schemes, health and wellbeing programmes, learning and development opportunities, subsidised travel, salary sacrifice schemes, long service and other recognition programmes, work-life balance, free parking, free fruit & refreshments and company events.
About Van Oord
Van Oord Offshore Wind UK (MPI Offshore) is the UK based Offshore Wind division of Van Oord with over 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor and over 20 years’ offshore wind experience. Van Oord and MPI Offshore are a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) party in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Our purpose is to create a better world for future generations by delivering marine ingenuity.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Thank you for your interest in our company. To apply send your CV to email@example.com